This amazing adventure takes us to Bwindi ‘The Impenetrable Forest’ in Uganda’s mountainous far south-western tip where you will have the opportunity to track Mountain Gorillas. This action filled trip will take you also to Mgahinga National Park where you will trek up Mount Sabinyo 3,645m one of the region’s inactive volcanoes. You will have the opportunity to get up close to another endangered species, the Golden Monkey in its natural habitat of bamboo forest. Local tribesmen will pilot dug-out canoes as we traverse Lake Mutanda.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is home to one of the richest ecosystems in Africa. Mountain Gorillas are one of the world’s most endangered apes; it is estimated that there are only about 880 left throughout the world. Almost half of them can be found in Uganda.
- Unforgettable meeting with the mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Excellent game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Chimp tracking in Kibale Forest
- Optional second chimp tracking in Kyambura Gorge
- Walking safari in Nkuringo and Lake Mutanda Canoe boat.
- Explore and learn from the local communities
- Experience the Majestic Virunga Volcanoes
- Sustainable tourism initiatives – community work
|Activity Level||Duration||Departure Date||Price|
|moderate / hard
||12 Days||18th September 2018||AUD $5,590|