Tuscany is one of the world’s most fascinating travel destinations, attracting lovers of art, nature, food, wine and walking. In the heart of the region you will find the sacred mountain of the Etruscans, Monte Amiata, surrounded by the beautiful valley ‘Val D’Orcia” which is a UNESCO world heritage area. Monte Amiata is a huge open air museum, where nature, art and culture merge. Here you will be totally immersed in the natural and cultural experience of the true Tuscan country life where centuries old traditions permeate daily life.
You will walk through beautiful chestnut woods, vineyards, olive groves and other fruit trees, passing through many little medieval towns which are dotted through the hillsides. Each town has its own history and local stories.
- Hike through the Giro di Montenero, crossing the valley to the village of Montenero
- Bathe in natural hot springs
- Experience the slow food cooking with locally grown Tuscan specialities
- Taste wine from small local vineyards
- Visit Siena with its famous square, Piazza del campo, is really one the most beautiful cities in Italy
- The trip ends with a guided tour of Florence, capital of Italy’s Tuscany region and home to many masterpieces of Renaissance art and architecture.
|Activity Level||Duration||Departure Date||Price|
|easy / moderate||13 days||1st September 2019||AUD $4,650|
The tour price is based on twin share accommodation. If you are willing to share with another female traveller on this tour and there is availability in a twin share room then no single supplement is charged.
If you would like to have your own room for the duration of the trip, there is an additional charge of $630.