BLACK HEATH TO GRAND CANYON
- Walk 4 hours walking with breaks. Ascents 425m. 3.2km of this walk is very steep and another 1km is flat with no steps. Whilst another 720m has short steep hills and the remaining 400m has gentle hills with occasional steps. Grade 3. Medium to Hard Grade.
This morning we head to Blackheath. The Grand Canyon as a narrow chasm approximately 180m deep formed into the sandstone by the cascading waters of Greaves Creek. Our walks start from the top of the Grand Canyon where guests will be awed by the panoramic views across the immense Grose Valley, surrounded by huge, vertical sandstone cliffs and impressive waterfalls. We then descend the escarpment into a magical wonderland of fern gullies, dotted with a pretty creek crossing and cascading waterfalls including the 100 metres Bridal Veil Falls. Afterwards, we head to our accommodation at the iconic Carrington Hotel, one of the Blue Mountain’s most historic and iconic hotels situated in the heart of Katoomba and close to shops and cafes. Tonight, enjoy fine a la carte dining in a local restaurant accompanied by regional wines and great views.
SCENIC RAILWAY FEDERAL PASS TO LEURA CASCADES
Today we have a unique way to get to the start of our walk. We head from our hotel to the Scenic Railway for a short cut to the valley floor on the Scenic Railway the world’s steepest railway. From here we begin our walk along the historic Federal Pass passing through dense forests and past pretty waterfalls and taking in views of the famous Three Sisters rock formations. Dinner tonight at a local restaurant including local wines.
VALLEY OF THE WATERFALLS
- Walk 10kms. 5 hours walking. Medium Grade.
Many steps at the start of the walk to descent the escarpment and many steps at the end to return.
We head out on our day’s walking adventure, to one of the most beautiful hikes in the whole of the Blue Mountains. Descend into a valley of magnificent waterfalls through a stunning rainforest gorge. Explore ferny grottos, swimming holes and see a series of cascades including beautiful Empress Falls where water gushes from a narrow gorge. We’ll stop for a picnic lunch at the base of a waterfall where you can listen for the distinctive calls of the whipbirds and lyrebirds. Soak up the atmosphere as you jump across steppingstones to cross creeks and stand in awe taking in magnificent views of the falls and mountain scenery. Instead of just admiring the views from a lookout you’ll descend by steps down the cliffs into the wilderness to experience the true beauty of this region. We finish our walk early afternoon, for those returning to Sydney we offer complimentary transfers to the Sydney CDB, returning to the Sir Stamford Hotel.
Finishing time: Approximately 3.00pm in the Blue Mountains or 5.00pm in Sydney depending on the pace of the group and traffic into Sydney
- Included With This Trip
Your 3 day walking holiday includes:
- Pack Free Walk – carry as little as your water and camera
- 2 nights at the Blue Mountain’s historic art deco Carrington hotel
- 2 x a la carte dinners in local Blue Mountains restaurants
- Superb regional wines to enjoy with dinner
- 2 x Hot and Cold breakfasts
- 3 lunches to enjoy whilst walking
- Fresh fruit and trail mix to enjoy during your walk
- Professionally guided – Our guides are locals who are passionate, well trained and enthusiastic with the ability to bring to life a depth of information.
- Transfers to and from Sydney
- National Park Fees
- Complimentary pickups from the Sir Stamford Hotel, Sydney CBD if required
- The Carrington Hotel
- Not Included In This Trip
- Pre / post tour accommodation
- Public transport to start of walk
- Any optional activities during free time
- Tips or gratuities and items of a personal nature